2016 Volunteer Information
Online Volunteer Sign-Up Now Available!
Group Volunteer Registration - Download
Individual Volunteer Registration - Download
Youth Volunteer Release Form - Download
. You can mail completed forms to
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
Monterey County Fair
2004 Fairground Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Or fax Attn: Volunteer Coordinator to (831) 372-8248 Important Dates:
- Volunteer Orientation meeting TBA
- Pre-Fair volunteer dates: August 22nd - September 1st
- Fair Volunteer Dates: August 31st - September 5th
- Post-Fair Volunteer Dates: September 5th - September 11th
- Volunteer Appreciation BBQ September 24th at 5:30pm. All who volunteer at the Fair will be invited to the BBQ.
The Monterey County Fair Mission Statement
The mission of the Monterey County Fairgrounds (7th
District Agricultural Association) is to create, produce and offer quality events in a unique setting; To educate, entertain and inspire people in order to promote the agricultural heritage and diverse resources of Monterey County.Who Can Volunteer?
The Monterey County Fair Volunteer program is open to groups and individuals. All volunteers must be 16 years of age but youth groups with adult(s) supervision will be considered.What is the Time Commitment?
The Monterey County Fair has many shifts available for 3 weeks surrounding the Fair. A shift is four (4) hours long and you will receive one general admission pass to the Fair for each shift that you volunteer! Let us know if you are interested in year-long volunteer opportunities.What will I be doing?
We welcome all persons interested in becoming a part of the Fair through volunteering. We rely on our great volunteers to make our annual Fair a successful community event. There is wide variety of jobs available that require the help of volunteers to ensure success. There is so much talent our community members have to offer us. All volunteers are Ambassadors of the Fair and provide customer service to our Exhibitors and Patrons.
- Guest Services: You may be interested in this department if you are a people person and like to socialize. The Guest Services Department is the main informational hub of everything going on during Fair. Guest Services can be found at several locations throughout the Fairgrounds: at Gate 3, Gate 5 and a centralized location along the midway. Volunteers working these locations are the “Face of the Fair” and answer many questions asked everyday by our patrons, such as “Where is the lost and found?”; “Who’s tonight’s entertainment?”, and “Where is First Aid?”
- Exhibits: Our Exhibit Department is what separates a Fair from other festivals. We provide an opportunity to showcase the many talents of our community members. There are many jobs to be done within this department, such as helping with entry receiving, entry judging, building setup and exhibit release. If you have a gift for display arrangement then helping with setup might be the thing for you.
- Exhibit Monitors (Docent): Volunteers in this department act as a building host during the Fair. We have seven (7) departments Agriculture Building, 4-H, FFA & Scouts, Floriculture, Gardens, and Jr. & Sr. Home Arts, Visual Arts and our Wool Building. Volunteers help make sure that all the exhibits aren’t handled, broken or stolen, assist exhibitors in locating their entries, answer questions and allow our building superintendants to take a break.
- Country Store: Volunteers for this department will be helping out in our produce stand located in the Agriculture Building. Fresh local produce is sold to Fair patrons at very reasonable prices. The proceeds go back into the Agriculture Building fund to help pay for maintenance of displays and equipment, decorations, and judges.